The AFG100 Fluxgate Probe is a high sensitivity probe designed to measure low magnetic fields. The AFG100 can immediately be used with current GM08 and GM07 Gaussmeter models. The probe comes as standard with a 1.5m cable.
Why Choose the Fluxgate Probe?
The Fluxgate Probe is suitable for a wide range of applications for those who need the capability of measuring low magnetic flux density and magnetic field strengths. The Fluxgate probe is suitable for readings within the range of 0- ±100.0 µT to ±100.0 nT or 0- ±1.000 G to ±1000.0 µG.
This is why it is ideal for applications such as:
- Material and package inspection in line with CAA policies
- Measurement of local magnetic fields
- Magnetic surveys
With a probe that is as sensitive as the Fluxgate AFG100, it is essential to be able to Zero readings, removing the interference from the Earth’s magnetic field and other local magnetic fields, to ensure a true reading. The GM08 and GM07 come with an Autozero function which should be used prior to measurement, if the meter has not been used for a period of time.
The Autozero and Null modes allow the Gaussmeter to be used in an absolute level of measurement, i.e. relative to zero gauss field, or nulled to a relative level, above or below the zero gauss field. During Autozero, the probe should be placed in a field close to zero gauss and the meter will NULL itself to this zero point of flux. For relative only measurements an approximate zero gauss level can be used. For absolute measurements the probe should be placed in a zero gauss environment. You will require a Zero Gauss Chamber for the nulling procedure.
Fluxgate Probe Ranges (when used with the GM08 or GM07)
|Range 1||99.99 µT||999.9 mG||79.60 A/m||999.9 mOe|
|Range 2||9.999 µT||99.99 mG||7.960 A/m||99.99 mOe|
|Range 3||999.9 nT||9.999 mG||796.0 mA/m||9.999 mOe|
|Range 4||99.99 nT||999.9 µG||79.60 mA/m||999.9 µOe|
Fluxgate Probe Dimensions
- Fluxgate Probe for those who need the capability of measuring very low levels of magnetic flux density and magnetic field strengths
- 4 ranges of measurement: ±100.00 nT to ±100.00 µT or ±1000.0 mG to ±1000.0 µG
- The Fluxgate Probe can be used for measurements in any application where conventional magnetic field detectors do not meet the required sensitivity and stability
- Compatible with current GM08 and GM07 Gaussmeter models
- Not compatible with GM05 or GM04 Gaussmeter models
- UK Delivery: 5 to 7 working days from purchase
- EU and Rest of World Delivery: 7 to 10 working days from purchase
Please note that our express service does not include the standard
shipping prices which will be invoiced separately. This service is to
cover the cost of expediting the manufacturing process and dispatching
to you within 48 hours. This service is subject to stock and
availability at the time of purchase. Please contact us before using
this service to ensure availability.
AFG100 HighSensitivity Fluxgate Probe
- Brand: Hirst Magnetic Instruments Ltd.
- Product Code: AFG100
£528.00 + VAT* + Shipping
* Where applicable